All members who have paid their dues may enter club competitions. The images must be uploaded and registered online by Friday night at 11:59 pm before the competition meeting night!
Club members may enter up to a total of 6 images into competition every month – two in each of the following categories:
Digital Images Competition:
- Assigned Subject Digital Image Color or Black & White (2 Color or 2 B&W or 1 of each) – The assigned subject is determined in advance and can be found in the Events section of this web site by clicking on the meeting date.
- Open Color Digital Image – The subject is “open,” meaning that the member may submit a photo of any subject that they choose.
- Open Black & White Digital Image
- Out Of The Hat – New category. Monthly thought-provoking subjects, which must have been taken within the last 30 days. 1 image, Color or B&W, per member.
Note that before you upload the images, you should ensure the image:
– Has a filename that meets the designated naming convention
– Is saved in the sRGB color space
– Has a pixel dimension no greater than 1400 pixels wide and 1050 pixels tall.
– Is saved using a quality setting to keep the file size to less than 1 MB
Applicable to Digital Competition
When you register online there is a check box where you can indicate if you wish the judges to provide comments on your image during competition.
During competition the names of the photographers are not announced. The judges provide a score that ranges from 6 through 10, including 1/2 point, with 10 being the best possible score. The sum total of the scores are then entered as the score for that image.
- You may enter makeups for Open categories (B&W and Color) ONLY. Makeups can be entered up to two months after the competition night. The Makeup images in each category must be marked as a “makeup”. This image is not eligible for the monthly 1st or 2nd place winner. However, the points obtained count towards the end-of-year awards.