All members who have paid their dues may enter club competitions. The images must be uploaded and registered online no later than 11:59pm the Friday before the competition meeting night!
Club members may enter up to a total of 5 images into competition every month – two in each of the following categories:
Digital Images Competition:
- Assigned Subject Digital Image Color or Black & White (2 Color or 2 B&W or 1 of each) – The assigned subject is determined in advance and can be found in the Events section of this web site.
- Open Color Digital Image – The member may submit a photo of any subject they choose. (1 Image)
- Open Black & White Digital Image – (1 Image)
- Creative – (1 image) New category. Creative photography is a photo that is intentionally made more unique, thus making it creative. It may contain an extra element (or elements) that are intentionally used to improve the photo from its original state. The image must obviously display a change in natural color, form, shape, or any combination of these three. Creative images are often montages (a blending or composite of multiple images).
Note that before you upload the images, you should ensure the image:
– Has a filename that meets the designated naming convention
– In sRGB color space
– Pixel dimension no greater than 1400 pixels wide and 1050 pixels tall.
– Quality setting file size less than 1 MB
Applicable to Digital Competition
When you register online there is a check box where you can indicate if you wish the judges to provide comments on your image during competition.
During competition the photographers name is not announced. Scores range from 6 through 10, including 1/2 point, with 10 being the best possible score. The sum total of the scores are then entered as the score for that image.
- You may enter makeups for Open categories (B&W and Color) ONLY. Makeups can be entered up to two months after the competition night. The Makeup images in each category must be marked as a “makeup”. This image does not count for monthly 1st or 2nd place. However, the points obtained count towards the end-of-year awards.