Candlewood Photography Club Newsletter for August 21, 2020
What is Candlewood Photography Club (formerly known as Candlewood Camera Club) doing during the pandemic?
Hello members, visitors and friends.
Like many others we have switched to an online virtual meeting format. So, until further notice, there will no longer be in person meetings or print competitions ( which have also been temporally cancelled by NECCC).
We will still have monthly digital competitions. These competitions will consist of Assigned Subject, Open Color and Black & White categories. Members will be permitted to submit 2 digital images per category for a maximum of 6 entries:
- Assigned Subject = 1 Color and 1 B&W
- Open Color = 2
- Black & White = 2
The Club is looking to do the following this fall:
- Continue with Virtual meetings
- Plan and schedule outings and events where members can get together, following social distancing, wear face masks, and exercising other safe practices while taking photos of interesting and photogenic locations.
- Examples may include The Bronx Zoo, Botanical Gardens, etc.
- Members can help us out by suggesting other photo and location ideas.
Our Virtual kickoff meeting will be on Tuesday, August 25, 2020 starting at 7PM. It should be a relatively short, but important meeting.
During our virtual kickoff meeting, which is the first of the year, we will review our plans for the upcoming year, announce changes, review bylaws, dues info, and look for feedback from club members. No images will be shown in this first meeting.
Our Competition Chair, Neil Zobler, will be sending out login instructions before the meeting. This will be a fun opportunity where members can share ideas, experiences and chat with members of the Candlewood Photographer Community.
We look forward to “seeing”you at this first meeting